Crawford County, WI – Get motivated and stay active! Registration is now available for Crawford County On The Move, a 9-week walking group program taking place in Soldiers Grove, Gays Mills, Seneca, and Prairie du Chien. Starting the week of July 10th, participants will meet weekly for a short health education piece and a group walk. Daily walking logs and weekly tips will also be provided. Registration to participate is free and T-shirts will be available for $10.
“Anyone is welcome to join one or more of these walking groups,” shared Dawn Adams, Crawford County Public Health Specialist. “We could all benefit from more fresh air and physical activity and when walking with a group you can receive extra support from fellow participants to stay motivated. Plus, it’s FUN!”
Crawford County On The Move will be meeting in the following communities:
- Soldiers Grove – Wednesdays at 5:30 pm beginning July 13th at Kickapoo Valley Medical Clinic
- Soldiers Grove – Tuesdays at 6:00 pm beginning July 12th at Davidson Farms, 43554 Dull Road
- Gays Mills – Thursdays at 5:30 pm beginning July 14th at the Lions Club Shelter
- Seneca – Tuesdays at 6:30 pm beginning July 12th at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church Parking Lot
- Prairie du Chien – Tuesdays at 5:30 pm beginning July 12th at La Riviere Park
- Prairie du Chien – Wednesdays at 10:00 am beginning July 13th at the Prairie du Chien Memorial Library
Interested individuals can register at crawfordcountywi.org/health under “Programs & Services” or call 608.326.0229. Crawford County On The Move is proudly sponsored by BAPI, Crossing Rivers Health, Gundersen Prairie du Chien Clinic, Prairie du Chien Lions Club, Sports World, Vernon Memorial Healthcare and Crawford County Public Health.