A “Badger Box” distribution will be held on Wednesday, July 13th in the parking lot behind the Couleecap Food Pantry. Line up will be on Wacouta Avenue from 11 am – 12:30 pm, or until the boxes are gone. Anyone who is low-income and a WISCONSIN resident (ID will be required) is eligible to receive the boxes. Line up in your car, give your information to the volunteer, and the boxes will be loaded directly into your vehicle. The “Badger Box” distribution will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month through December.
“Badger Boxes” are filled exclusively with dairy products, cheeses, meats, fruits, and grains purchased from Wisconsin farmers and food producers. over 18,000 Badger Boxes will be distributed monthly through December through the Hunger Relief Federation. The Hunger Relief Federation has members representing all 72 Wisconsin counties and 10 Tribal Nations.
Some items included in the “Badger Boxes”:
- Onions & Potatoes | Russet Potato Exchange | Bancroft, WI
- Midwest Medley Salad | Superior Fresh | Hixon, WI
- Butter & Cottage Cheese | Westby Creamery | Westby, WI
- Cheddar Cheese | Brunkow Cheese | Cottage Grove, WI
- Baby Swiss | Chalet Cheese | Sun Prairie, WI
- 2% Milk (gallon) | Sassy Cow Creamery | Sun Prairie, WI
- Dry Roasted Wild Rice | Rice River Farms | Spooner, WI
- Dried Cherries | Cherryland’s Best | Appleton, WI
- Bacon & Summer Sausage | Nueskes | Wittenberg, WI
- Eggs (dozen) | S&R Egg Farm | Whitewater, WI
- Ground Beef | WI Meadows | Cashton, WI