On 11-4-22, at approximately 9:30 PM, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office executed 6 different drug house warrants, 4 being in Oelwein IA, 1 in rural Fayette County/ Sumner IA and 1 in Maynard IA. Information stemmed from an investigation conducted in November of 2022. Assisting the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office were 15 different law enforcement agencies from the northeast Iowa area and Northeast Iowa Task Force. The following agencies came together to execute the drug warrants simultaneously. Agencies include Iowa State Patrol, Iowa State Patrol Tac Team, Bearcat Unit, and K-9 Unit, Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office and K-9 Unit, Bremer County Sheriff’s Office, Sumner Police Department, Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Office, Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office and K-9 Unit, Clayton County Sheriff’s Office and K-9 Unit, Allamakee County Sheriff’s Office, and K-9 Unit, Oelwein Police Department, Independence Police Department and K-9 Unit, West Union Police Department and K-9 Unit, Postville Police Department, Delaware County Sheriff’s Office and K-9 Unit, Fayette Police Department and K-9 Unit, and Strawberry Point Police Department.
During the execution of warrants, 12 individuals were taken into custody. 9 Drug Canines were used at different warrant locations. 2 individuals were apprehended by a drug canine when they fled law enforcement during execution. Multiple Drug Seizures, Firearms, and approximately $4000.00 in US Currency were seized. Seizures included approximately 1.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 70 grams of methamphetamine, long guns, a pistol, wax and liquid, multiple types of prescription pills and packaged pills, and paraphernalia. Over 100 charges have been filed including 7 B Felonies, 2 C Felonies, 35 D Felonies, and many Misdemeanor charges. Some of the charges range from possession of methamphetamine/intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession of marijuana/intent to distribute marijuana, possession of other schedule substance/intent to deliver other schedule substance, unlawful possession of prescriptions/intent to deliver, drug tax stamp violations, Interference, and other violations.
Arrested, charged, and transported to Fayette County Jail were as follows:
- Michael Wayne Forbes, 52 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $25,000 cash/surety
- Kristy Ranae Heidt, 53 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash 10% approved
- Brandy Lynn Schoultz, 37 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $500 cash/surety 10% approved
- Tristan Marie Westpfahl, 35 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $7,000 cash 10% approved
- Aaron Paul James, 43 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $5,000 cash 10% approved
- Amanda Lou James, 56 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $5,000 10% approved
- Cameron Jon Wilson, 27 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $22,300 cash
- Christopher Lee Becker, 40 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $25,000 cash/surety
- Nicole Leanne Burgos, 29 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash/surety 10% approved
- Justin Douglas Pattison, 39 of Sumner IA, Bond Amount $ 20,000 cash/surety
- Joseph Allen McMurrin, 34 of Alpha IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash/surety
- Victoria Ann Nieman, 42 of Maynard IA, Bond Amount $2,500 cash 10% approved
More charges and arrest warrants are pending at this time, and this case remains under investigation. Sheriff Marty Fisher would like to thank all the agencies and personnel that came together to accomplish this operation.